This year on 15th August India completes 59 years of independence. We have achieved a lot in some fields and in some fields we have failed. We could have done better. To do better we need to change.
1) We should have Presidentail System of Government. Parliamentary System works when there is two party system. We have multi-party system and coalition governments which results in large cabinets and weak governments. Governments do not complete five year term. Presidentail System gives stability and the government need not worry about losing majority.
2) We should do away with socialism. In the last 15 years the country has become less socialistic. Whatever remains of socialism should be done away soon.
3) We should abolish the following:
a) The Council of States i.e., the Rajya Sabha
b) Legislative Councils
c) Planning Commission
d) Animal Wlelfare Board
f) Pension to MPs, MLAs and MLCs
g) Pension to freedom fighters. It is 59 years since independence and it is unlikely that any freedom fighter survives today. Many people have falsely claimed pension.
h) Reservations to SCs, STs, OBCs and such groups.
i) Reservations to women in panchayats and urban bodies.
j) Besides these there are many other things I want abolished.
4) We should move towards taxless system.
6) We should have Uniform Civil Code.
7) Persons having more than one spouse or those who have knowing married married persons should be disqualified from becoming MPs or MLAs.
8) Diu and Daman be merged with Gujarat. Dadra and Nagar Haveli be merged with Maharashtra or Gujarat.
9) Pondicherry and Karaikal be merged with Tamil Nadu, Mahe with Kerala and Yanam with Andhra Pradesh.
10) Chandigarh should be the capital of Punjab.
11) Delhi should be part and capital of Haryana
12) Right to Property should be a fundamental right.
13) Unnecessary organizations should be abolished.
14) There should be no condonation in delay against appeals. When courts give judgments they give time for appeal. Many times people appeal after that time is over and delays upto 100 and sometimes delays with longer duration are condoned. This should stop.
16) Telecast of lottery should be banned.
17) Evershine City must be made the capital of India.
18) Glorification of crime and criminals should be forbidden.
19) Marrying while being marked and marrying a married persons knowingly should have punishment of at least 10 years imprisonment.
20) Conducting marriages of underage people should have punishment of at least 10 years imprisonment.
21) Inflation should be zero.
22) Rupee should be the strongest currency in the world. In 45 days it should be equal to USD, in 56 days to Euro, in 75 days to GBP and 152 days to Kuwaiti Dinar. Thereafter it will be the strongest currency in the world.
23) CBFC guidelines should be revised. Scenes of smoking should not be allowed. Scenes of nudity should be allowed without cuts, morphing, darkering or alteration in adult films. There should be no glorification of crime and criminals.
24) Free to air channels should be free to air adult films in full without any cuts, morphing, darkening or alteration between 11.00 p.m. and 6.00 a.m. and pay channels any time. If scenes of nudity and sex are cut from adult films they are `U’ films and there is no point in restricting them between 10.00 p.m. and 6.00 a.m. It is ridiculous to say a film certified `A’ for exhibition in theatres needs a separate certificate for telecast. TV channels should be free to show any adult film.
25) There shall be no surrender to terrorists. Terrorism in Jammu & Kashmir got a boost after the “kidnapping” of Rubiya Sayeed. The country shamelessly surrendered and five terrorists were released for her release. Mufti Mohammed Sayeed was the Home Minister of India. Rubiya did not make any public statement. The country has a right to know what happened. Subsequent details that have emerged show that one mediator was hand in gloves with terrorists. The mediator and his associates should be charged with treason. The release also put pressure on the government at the time of Kandahar hijacking. “If five terrorists could be released for one, why not release three terrorists for 155?” was the argument. One of the released terrorists later on carried on the blast of & K Assembly building which resulted in 41 deaths. The deaths casued by the three terrorists are likely to many times more than 155. When any hijacked plane lands in India its tyres should be immediately punctured.
26) For every person murdered there should be death penalty After restricting death penalty to rarest of rare cases murderers started to kill openly. All those who were awarded life imprisonment and let off after some years must be rearrested and put in prison till death. Those who had killed two or more persons should be put to death.
When the above suggestions are implemented India will be a strong country. I hope we will achieve these within one year.